30 May 2018
RE: INVITATION AND REQUEST TO BE A PANELIST AT THE ZIRUP -HARARE FOCAL POINT INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION ON TOPICAL TOWN PLANNING ISSUES
I write to invite you to the upcoming ZIRUP Harare Focal Point Interface meeting to be held on Wednesday 6th June 2018 at 13:30 hours at Coquenor House, Samora Machel Avenue East, Eastlea, Harare,
The Interface Meeting is aimed at discussing the profession and current Topical town planning issues affecting the nation. This will create a platform for senior town planning officials in Local Authorities, Government, Academia, Consultants and other stakeholders to discuss and come up with an Action Plan to deal with challenges affecting them and the nation at large.
The event will be an interactive panel discussion moderated by a facilitator.
The following issues will be discussed:
- The current state of Harare: Planning Shortcomings and Possible Solutions?
- Formality and Informality – Planning and Politics the search for engagement and inclusivity
- Forward Planning – an opportunity to reinventing planning for relevance and sustainability
- Town Planning for Investment and opening business opportunities
- State of the Profession and Way Forward- need for a community of practice
To enable us in our preparations for the event we kindly ask you to confirm your acceptance of the invitation.
Should you have any queries and/or require any further information please feel very free to contact the undersigned.
IF TIGERE (MRS) (0712 608813 / 0772 221018)
ZIRUP – HARARE FOCAL POINT CHAIRPERSON